Thursday, April 10, 2014

Creeping Toward the Finish Line

Today is Wednesday, April 9, 2014.

Next week, I'm leaving on an extended trip, and I have a lot to do. Last night,  I made a list of things to do that I knew I wouldn't be able to finish before bedtime tonight.  Still, I plugged away at things, and I did get a few of the things done on the list.  Since I don't generally have to get up at any set time in the morning, I tend to try to finish what I can before I go to bed, no matter how late.  (Blog entries are one of those things.)  And every night I feel like a tortoise, creeping toward the finish line, unable to go any faster.

This blog only gets written three times a week, now, although my other blog is still a daily thing.  I will have completed a year's worth of blogs there, soon, and I am thinking of taking a break for a while, then perhaps resuming the blogs, only twice a week each, for a while.  I'm proud of the fact that I achieved my goal of posting 365 posts in a row on this blog, and I will soon be pleased to announce the same feat on the other blog.  The weight of habit is now upon me, and I find it hard to go to sleep without having written my blog for the day.  It helps to know I'm cultivating perseverance and discipline.  

I guess I shouldn't have made such a long list of things to do, because it gets me down a bit to see how few things I have crossed off.  But I will cross off a few more tomorrow and the day after that.  Each day I will creep toward the finish line.  

Slow and steady wins the race, right?  :-/

No comments: